Thursday, January 26, 2006

Betrayed by the Globe and Mail

Ok, so far Harper has:
  • demonstrated his "family values" by stiffly shaking his kids hands as they went into school,
  • had a private heart to heart with Dubya,
  • and vowed to secure the artic for Canada.

Oh - and this: (from the Globe and Mail) "Asked for a timeline on his promise to revisit the same-sex-marriage debate, Mr. Harper said he expected to revisit the issue "within the life of Parliament."

"I would prefer to do it sooner rather than later, but not immediately," he said.

A statement issued by Vote Marriage Canada — a group devoted to having the traditional definition of marriage restored — said that "as many as 45 per cent" of the members of the new Parliament may support its position."

(get the full article here)

What I want to know is WHY THE HELL is the Globe and Mail quoting the shit spewed by Vote Marriage Canada??? Are they now an objective news source?! What the FUCK???

Take an actual poll, G&M - I dare you. 45%?? Bullshit.

We know the media behaved like it was Harper's love slave during the election. Looks like they are still blowing him.

And we're still getting screwed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a proud day for Canada when we elected Harper, wasn't it? Thank god they're a minority government. 45% my ass. We know that atleast 95% of the NDP support same sex marriage, a strong majority of the Liberals support same sex marriage, as do many members of the Bloc. In my opinion we have a stronger voice in parliament than ever.

Anonymous said...

I really doubt that Harper will get anywhere with the same sex marriage issue. It is a done deal! (Yay) He has such a slim minority that he would be stupid to risk losing his throne with such an issue. I do not understand how he can even do this legally. From what I understand, he is totally out to lunch if he thinks he can revoke this without using the "notwithstanding claus".

Anonymous said...

Ooops, that was me (K.B.) from FSJ who posted that last anonymous post! I meant to identify myself, but hit post or whatever too soon!

Kas said...

Moni - I hear ya... You and I are on exactly the same page. I really appreciate you reading my blog and all your comments - it's nice to know that I'm not the only one feeling this way...

KB! - Hey there! I'm so glad you stopped by to partake in my ranting...! I really hope you're right. Things ok in FSJ?

Anonymous said...

Hi kas, things are good in FSJ. I didn't think I would EVER get warm today! Now that I am warm, I am ready to head out into the cold air!

Ah well, I will be able to snuggle in at home soon!

KB